Are you excited by the prospect of working for an organization that truly values your contributions, provides opportunities for growth and development, fosters diversity, inclusion and equality, AND gives you a chance to make a difference in the lives of children and families?
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Provide quality medical assistant care to children, while maintaining current and accurate medical records and service to the psychiatric team. Medical Assistant will work directly with the Medical Coordinator, documenting UAC vitals, maintaining secured medical records, and assisting MC as necessary. This position is full time and designated to UAC GC at 100% of their time.
- Assisting with initial medical screening of each child at Intake.
- Responsible for scheduling and confirming each child’s full medical exam appointments conducted off-site. This includes transporting children to their medical appointments, completion of appointment form, making copies of appropriate clinical information from the client chart, notifying all responsible personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining current medical information on all children, to include taking vital signs on as needed basis.
- Responsible for reviewing all medical records and requesting pertinent medical information from appropriate sources.
- Ensure accurate documentation of medication regiments on all children who need such services.
- Act as liaison between physicians, Nurse & children.
- Responsible for lab procedures including PCR swabbing and processing, as needed.
- Attends meetings as assigned by supervisor.
- Works on an as needed basis during emergency conditions.
- Provide emergency medical assistant care to all children/staff as necessary.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, working as a contributing member of an inter-disciplinary UAC team in providing client services and achieving program goals.
- Attend and participate in compliance training programs, and scheduled training programs required by funder and State licensing regulations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- $35,000 - $40,000 salary
- Flexible hours
- 15 PTO days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Immediate eligibility for 403b Savings Plan with 25% match
- Supplementary Accident, Hospital Indemnity and Specified Disease insurance
- Paid Life/AD&D insurance
- Pet, Legal and Identity Theft programs
- Continuous training and professional development opportunities
- Mileage Reimbursement
- An opportunity to make the world a better place!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- LPN preferred, 1+ year work experience as a certified medical assistant preferred and 2 years’ experience working with children. Passing certificate / CMA Exam Certification required.
- Spanish/English bi-lingual.
- Provide proof of certification in CPR, HIV, and First-Aid within 30 days of hire.
- Experience working with at-risk children preferred.
- Provide Immunization record and proof of yearly Flu shot.
- Must have a valid Florida Drivers’ license and current automobile insurance coverage
WHO WE ARE:
From babies to seniors, Gulf Coast JFCS serves all people in need, regardless of race, religion, culture or gender identity. Our programs span a broad human service spectrum, from behavioral and mental health, child welfare and adoption, family support, job and employment transition, housing, food, transportation or home care assistance for the elderly.
Gulf Coast JFCS is committed to ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of its employees and clients, which include members of vulnerable communities. As part of this commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current and newly-hired employees, unless an employee is entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption as permitted pursuant to Gulf Coast JFCS’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.