Safety Harbor Area Economic Development
Business Assistance Partnership Program
To keep our economy thriving, Pinellas County Economic Development has implemented an innovative Business Assistance Partnership (BAP) program with many of the county's municipalities and chambers of commerce. The partnership is designed to assist existing businesses and provide avenues for new businesses to flourish in Pinellas County.
Business Success Starts Here
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Pinellas County Economic Development (PCED) is partnering with the Chamber of Commerce to help entrepreneurs realize their dreams of business ownership and assists small to midsize business owners with growth strategies. Working with entrepreneurs in all industries and in all stages of business development and growth, the SBDC specializes in high impact professional business consulting, targeted training classes and connecting entrepreneurs to resources and financing options to help small business owners achieve their goals.
Some of the Small Business Development Center Services Include:
- Business Assessment
- Business Plan Assistance
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Financial Projections Development
- Identifying Sources of Capital
- Inventory Control Assessment
- Market Feasibility & Research
- Marketing Strategy Development
- SBA Loan Assistance
- Technology Development
- Workshops & Training Programs
Our consultant is:
Kurt Forster, M.A.,
Certified Business Analyst
Specializing in marketing, business planning and innovation, cash flow management, technology ventures, and financial technical assistance. He is available!
For more information about our resources and services to help build and expand your business, please contact the Chamber.
Business Development Center
Fostering business growth — services and assistance include:
- One-on-one counseling for start-up or established businesses.
- Connection to the county's Business Assistance Partnership Specialists (BAPS).
- Training in management, marketing, business start-up and financial issues.
- Assistance with computers, software and virtual business programs.
- Training in government procurement and the certification process.
- Orientation to state and local incentive programs.
- Direct link to WorkNet of Pinellas employment assistance.
- International export assistance.
Pinellas County Florida mean business.
- Financial assistance with SBA loans, micro loans and conventional loans; commercial and real estate financing programs.
- Orientation to volunteer business services.
- Reference library featuring a full-range of business publications.
- Computer workstations and links to research facts and high-tech issues.
- Assistance with contracts, business agreements and business/marketing plans.
- Qualification assistance for industrial revenue bonds.
Designed to help your business grow
The Pinellas County Business Development Center (PCBDC) delivers a myriad of no-cost services through a model program unique to the state of Florida. The center assists entrepreneurs and existing businesses through business training classes designed to meet the specific needs of the Pinellas County business community. Seminars are taught by industry experts and trained counselors with one common goal: to ensure the success and growth of your business enterprise.
Training Classes include:
- Business start-up
- Entrepreneurial assessment
- Business financing
- Tax regulations
- Bookkeeping/accounting methods
- Procurement opportunities
- NxLevel business planning certification
The focus is listening and then providing the business and educational services that our local companies, entrepreneurs and start-up businesses need to succeed.